past the peanut butter jars with wires full of electricity. nobody's dog. moving through it all. brave as any army.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

too much light will blight the plants.



indeed, it has been a shitty morning. my phone is missing in action, nine days before I embark on a two-week tour of the west coast with Hidinginsidevictims. I'm weighing the pros and cons of getting a new one, and the cons are winning. It seems like it would be cheaper to raise carrier pigeons and send smoke signals than to sign up for a phone these days.

Anyway, here's fourteen minutes of cut-up noise grind - after two energy drinks and a hellish morning in the cold looking for fragmented bits of my obsolete cell phone, I am starting to hear the harsh clangs and buzzing riffs in my skull - bouncing around like moths smacking into a window, forever toward the light, forever belly-up.

I would apologize for the mopey, woe-is-me tone of this post, but I'm not going to. I write better when I'm mad and caffeinated, which, as Dean Wormer once said, "is no way to go through life, son." 

fat, drunk, and stupidly yours,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment